Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanks, honest cabby

ST Forum

Home > ST Forum > Online Story

Nov 24, 2009

Thanks, honest cabby

I AM writing to thank the driver of Comfort taxi SHA 7519A, Mr Eng, who returned the wallet I had left in his taxi with my identity card, credit and ATM cards, as well many important contacts.

I took the cab with my family around 1.30pm on Sunday and realised I has lost my wallet only at 6pm after a gathering at Braddell Muis Auditorium.

As I had some cash in my shirt pocket, I did not check my wallet and took a cab home. When I reached home I realised it was missing. I called the organisers of the gathering if they had found it. I was upset as I needed to use many items in the wallet the next day.

Then, around 7pm, Mr Eng called me and asked if I had lost anything.

He took the trouble to drive to my home to return the wallet and I am really grateful to him.

Abuayubul Ansari

=============

Latest comments
Good comment from EternalxEternity, the fact that the cabbie did in fact return the lost item needs to be recognised as a gracious act....not the fact that he did it hours later either...the fact that he did return it needs recognition. Dare I say at the risk of being labelled in need of counselling, I was returning to Jakarta airport in the afternoon in a taxi sveral months ago. because of a delayed arrival flight it meant I had 3 hours slept before meetings and a return to the airport.....during the trip back in the warm taxi I feel alseep and my phone slipped on the floor. Arriving and the arirport in a daze I leaped out to check in not realising the abscense of my phone....too late its gone. Even though I had a business card in the phone holder I never saw that phone again.

Why is it so difficult to acknowledge kind acts here?
Posted by: Feedback101 at Tue Nov 24 16:29:05 SGT 2009
Dear writer,
How come the taxi driver has your phone number and called you up? And why he took so many hours to do so?
Posted by: Singaporexyz at Tue Nov 24 12:46:06 SGT 2009
@ ganesharmak ;

-_- , What's with the fuss? At the very least, he REMEMBERS his manners UNLIKE some people. So what if he's careless at that time? What's with the condemnings that you gave him? First of all, he's grateful which is already good enough, secondly, he EVEN posted it in straitstime to show the good deeds that the fellow man had done fer him. Thirdly, Im sure he'll learn his lessons. Fourthly, he's not perfect. Everybody FORGETS. Fifthly, do you even know his age? Maybe he's already 50+ that his memory isn't good? So, bloody hell, just stop it already. Sheesh, you disgust me.
Posted by: EternalxEternity at Tue Nov 24 11:45:16 SGT 2009
I believe you are a grown up fellow. How can you be so stupid and forgetful? You have lost your wallet containing NRIC, credit card, ATM card, etc. How much of a burden you are to the society by your carelessness. Let your concentration be on your belongings while travelling in cab. Or else go for counselling.
Posted by: ganesharmak at Tue Nov 24 08:35:13 SGT 2009

No comments: